15 July 2011

One of the great mysteries in life is love. For some it is how to understand it that redeems a great curiosity. For others the mystery is in the pursuit. My life changed on 14 July 1999, when Marieke and I began a long and happy relationship together. I consider myself quite lucky that at such a young age, the love I discovered in that relationship has lasted so long, with no signs of weakening.

Since our official anniversary present will be the U2 concert in about a week, we decided to celebrate our anniversary with a delicious lunch at NOLA, the New Orleans themed restaurant in the newly renovated Market Square. The atmosphere is so nice and there is live Jazz and Blues every Wednesday and Friday.

This is also our two year anniversary of having quit smoking. Occasionally, I still have dreams where I am smoking. Hopefully, by the third year anniversary of this happy life style change, I will have lost the 35+ pounds I have gained since.

0 comments :

Post a Comment