27 July 2009

At the risk of publishing three sentence posts per day due to my injury, I've condensed them into posts of about a week or so.

Sunday (D-6)
My broken finger has added to an already difficult period of time an element of frustration and incomprehensible pain. Normally when I experience such pain, I smoke. I can't smoke. And it makes it hurt more.

How am I going to keep from smoking!?

Monday (D-7)
Atop the fact that the injury is on my right hand, it prevents me from writing, which is about 40% of my job. Although I've gotten some exception to the rule of writing, it still makes me unable to perform my duties for at least half of the studies we are working on.

Tuesday (D-8)
I tried the doctor's office and was told that an office visit costs between $70 and $400 depending on what might be needed. THe scheduling desk had nothing else for me. She sounded ignorant and confused, so maybe after a day or two they'll have someone who knows something helpful on the other end of the phone.

Friday (D-11)
We have discovered Tootsie pops. They come in a bag of goodness which informs the user that this bag contains one of the new flavors. And ours did in fact have one of the new flavors. Pomegranate! So good.

Sunday (D-13)
This is hard and I'm starting to get major cravings again nearly five days after I had my last rreally big craving. I've got the jittters and my feet will not stop moving. The bright spot is that for the first time in my life that I can remember, my hands are not cold. This might be from the increased bloodflow to my extremities that I was missing out on as a smoker, or it could be a reaction form the adrenalin that is now freely able to flow throughout my body.

0 comments :

Post a Comment